Supply Chain Administrator
Why choose Argus
Argus is an automated control systems pioneer with over thirty years of leadership and innovation in control technology. We were among the first to use computers for integrating the control of greenhouse environments and irrigation systems.
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT ARGUS AWESOME:
- Great culture and awesome people
- Casual and fun office environment
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits & Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance
Position Title: Supply Chain Administrator
This position is responsible for the planning, organizing, evaluating of the supply chain activities of the organization.
Reports to: Production Manager
- Plan, organize and evaluate the supply chain activities of the organization (This includes procurement, logistics, inventory management and outsourced manufacturing).
- Assist in the development and communication of supply chain procedures and work instructions.
- Determine materials requirements by reviewing inventory levels and requisitions from MRP and other sources.
- Identify and evaluate cost-saving and optimization opportunities within materials management activities.
- Ensure company compliance with import/export regulations as well as maintain the company’s NAFTA Certificate of Origin.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to support the other departments with material selection.
- Maintain inventory costing records and bill of materials for manufactured goods.
- Negotiate with, evaluate and select new vendors as required as well as maintain vendor records and review performance of existing vendors.
- Report on supply chain performance and improvement opportunities to management.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
Authorized to make decisions concerning supply chain activities as well as vendor and bid selection; issue vendor credit applications; sign regulatory export declarations.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Position is full-time (40hrs/week); Monday-Friday.
- Occasional site visits of local vendor facilities may be required.
- Five or more years of supply-chain management experience is required.
- A post-secondary education in supply-chain management is required.
- Experience with Lean and ISO 9001 is preferred.
- Strong computer skills are required including competency with MS Office and MRP/ERP systems.
- Must have strong negotiation, communication and leadership skills, be well organized, able to multi-task and work as part of a team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supply Chain Management: 5 years