Introducing the New Titan Operator Program Build 900
Build 900 is the latest release of the Titan Operator Program. The standard version of this software is included with all new Argus Titan Systems and is also available as an upgrade, letting new and existing users take advantage of its innovative features. As with the previous versions, the Titan Operating Program Build 900 (B900) allows you to access the Argus System from a remote PC – or the same PC where the Core Server is located – while providing innovative and valuable attributes.
At a Glance
For every Argus user, B900 includes an enhanced user interface with new styling for improved ease of use. Also, the underlying database structure has been reengineered to provide greater speed and allow for optional graphics and access to data:
- For users seeking a more graphical interface and better visualization of their data, B900 enables features such as Visual Controls and improved charting capabilities.
- For power users seeking greater control of their system and extended analysis capabilities, a variety of tools is available to assist them with customizing software and extracting any data from the system for use with other platforms.
For power users seeking greater control of their system and extended analysis capabilities, a variety of tools is available to assist them with customizing software and extracting any data from the system for use with other platforms.
The look and feel of B900 has been refreshed with a more efficient use of colors, fonts and layouts as it gives you the option to customize the user interface and build a better user experience by incorporating any of the available add-ons to match your specific needs.
Considering the amount of operational and environmental data available to growers, there is a risk of losing sight of the most relevant information needed for decision making. Visual and easy to interpret information is essential, so B900 has been designed with enhanced Visual Controls. By improving the use of colors and layouts, we have addressed the need for a cleaner view of the parameters. In addition, new visual controls will help de-clutter your screen and enable you to gain a better interpretation of the information and focus your attention on what is important to you.
New tools include:
- Argus Navigator: A radial navigation tool that provides easy access to your most relevant information as you can add different parameters (including sub-parameters). Clicking the Argus Navigator expands it to a radial dial and displays the main links added to that specific dial.
- Argus Panels: With this function you can include as many control elements as you require To organize the User Interface by inserting one – or more – of these adjustable layout containers.
Argus Gauge Setting
- Argus Gauges: By linking the desired parameters to this feature, you now have a view- only display range for a specific value. Each gauge includes sections containing various alarm settings.
- Argus Proportional Control and Argus Digital Control: The Argus Proportional two button control presents a percentage view for a specific component. The Argus Digital Control shows a representation of the ON/OFF status of a linked element.
- Argus Tables: This feature is used to link as many values as required; it is customizable and displays information tailored to your specific requirements. The information is presented in a highly visual tabular view.
- Argus Indicators: Indicators allow you to link values for a visual indicator of the ON and OFF state of a specific parameter.
The new charting function in B900 allows for better visualization and understanding of individual performance parameters and how they relate to each other. Graphs are embedded in the main application and are opened in a new window or exported as required. These updates provide you with the necessary tools to make data analysis simple and more efficient.
Three key improvements to the graphs include:
- Multiple graphs: More than one graph can be displayed simultaneously in the application. Although these graphs are displayed in the main window, you also have the option to open them in a new window.
- Annotations: These notes are easily created and added to a specific data point on a desired graph. You can include as many annotations as you want to enhance a graph.
- New toolbar: While many of the features of previous software versions are still included, some new features have been added such as turning the toolbar on and off and a re-organized Edit menu. Scaling, Display and Interval options are displayed as buttons for easier access. You can also change the alignment and direction of the legend and choose if it is visible or not.
Argus Graphical Link View
This new version of the software allows you to quickly learn the underlying linkage between multiple elements. Knowing and understanding the logical pathways of a specific parameter is essential to understand its relationship with other parameters.
Argus API – A Valuable Component for Power Users
One of the most relevant attributes of B900 is the ability to add the optional API feature which enables programmers and Power Users to capture information from the Argus System to build and create their own tools for analysis and decision making.
The Application Program Interface (API) is a function of the software that allows a third-party to retrieve information from the Server. The Argus API on B900 works as a conduit allowing you to access your Argus System data and use it with external systems.
You choose the elements to be displayed by writing the programing script that aligns to your needs and the API makes the necessary calls to stream the requested information. The data is returned from a chosen date range as raw data points. Raw data returns within one second!
Imagine having a powerful system integration tool for more efficient data management by accessing real-time information from your Argus System and compare it side by side to other relevant parameters for your operation.
Understanding open data management is a sensitive matter, and Argus has implemented the following characteristics to its API:
API Out only: You are only able to retrieve information from your Argus System in order to use it for your own data analysis.
The Argus API cannot be used without a Username and Password.
Users must have the necessary privileges to access the Argus API.
As writing a script is required to allow the interface to communicate and retrieve recorded data, your team needs to be familiar with JSON and RESTful, and have Postman Installed or another tool capable of sending and capturing API requests.